What I got:
- ''The Complete Dovetail: Handmade Furniture's Signature Joint'', by Ian Kirby. ISBN 0941936678
- Dovetail saw
- 1/4" chisel
- Red oak and poplar boards
- Dovetail FAQ
- Handcut intro with pictures
- Where to get hand tools for dovetails
- Make your own dovetail gauge (from this tutorial).
- * This page has good info on proper chisel technique.
Stuff to buy for dovetails project:
- Mitre box (currently using Foo's, thanks foo!)
- Mitre saw (currently using Sasha's, thanks sash!)
- Quick clamps (currently using sasha's, thanx!)
- Marking knife (currently using disposable)
- Wood rasp (currently using foo's, thankx!!!)
- Does anyone make chisels smaller than 1/4"????
- Wood gouge, to make groove for drop-in steel front panel.
- Polyurethane and stain
- Whetstone and chisel sharpening wedge
- http://www.japanwoodworker.com has a dovetail saw i want!
Things I've learned so far from my practice cuts:
- Saw blades have thickness. I suppose the fact that I'm just now figuring this out indicates how often I work with wood!
- It is easer to make straight accurate cuts in hardwood...