dmx low level sending code(thanks MikeS!) software uart (only need receive) create protocol for sending TX->RX
- * transmitter UI -> 9600 serial -> DMX output
- * prolly similar to midi
- * need to handle dropped bytes
- ** send multiple times? only accept complete packets?
- code to read adc + hw (knobs, sliders)
code to read rotary encoder (big spinny thing)
- pwm code for status LEDs (if time)
cut faceplate for TX
- * drill holes for switches, etc
- mount receivers in project boxes
- * mount battery holders to boxes
- set up first RX as repeater?
* AVR (mega8) * ISP header * TX module * antenna * 16MHz xtal + caps * knobs * sliders * battery pack * big spinny thing (hue wants to wrap and spin)
* AVR (mega8 or mega16) * ISP header * RX module * antenna * 16MHz xtal + caps * DMX hardware * battery pack >> Here's what I was thinking for the controller: >> >> - 5 buttons to select different patterns >> - 1 slider each for R, G, B (or maybe just think param 1,2,3) >> - a speed knob (maps to -127 to 127) >> - a strobe speed slider with on/off toggle at the top Right now the fixture has the following DMX registers: 0 - Strobe speed, 0==off (strobe toggles between max and current Value) 1 - Hue cycling speed, 0==off, use HUE register. 2 - Hue Hi byte 3 - Hue low byte 4 - Saturation 5 - Value We'll want to add: 6 - Mode/Pattern
Picture by CatWeasel